blurred about life"s simple complexities

Thursday, June 16, 2005

what would it had been..

a stroll along the streets,
with different people all around me;
with various styles and actions,
i'm thinking, 'what would it be if that was me?'

seeing one corner,
a teen with stylious clothes looking quite fine;
talking aloud with a cigarrette in one hand,
i'm thinking, 'what would it be if that was me?'

seeing one corner,
a tired young adult after working time;
with a pile of work on her lap slowly dozing off,
i'm thinking, 'what would it be if that was me?'

seeing one corner,
an oldie sitting alone with no one to meet;
with no one to talk too,
i'm thinking, 'what would it be if that was me?'

you can tell that i've been thinking quite alot, eh. well, i was just thinking to myself, 'what would it had been if i had taken another course in my life'. i mean, there are many times that in life that i could have done something else. even like going to a different college or working in a different place, i can guarantee, my life would have been a whole different story.

eventhough, i am where i am now (with alot God's grace and guidance!), i always like to think, what if i were the 'other' me. i bet my parents would have gotten more grey hair! hehe.. well, there's always a part of me that wants to be the 'other' me. a part of me where i didnt have to worry so much about anything and just indulge myself to what i want and just be part of the world. i would have spoke what is out from mouth and couldnt care about anyone. i would have gone to places that everyone have gone, to drink whatever everyone had drank, to be like what everyone is..

then.. when i reflect back again on what God's grace has done to me and what He has blessed me with, i am left speechless. well, i'm not saying that my life is a bed of rosses, heck i'm getting myself into alot of challenges and even more as a christian and all the more, the tendency for me to be the 'other' me. BUT i guess there's always something for me to be grateful for at the end of the day (although there are times i do slip into the 'other' me *opz*).

well, i guess, i'll just never know what would it had been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heyhey...
just droping by..
hehe..
yea.. i do sometimes look at other ppl and sometimes think.. mmm would i be like that next time?? i don' wanna be like that... or i wanna be like that.. hahaha.. funny things happen in the mind of our species..