blurred about life"s simple complexities

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

tv deprived?


[ can someone please enlighten me: why do ppl press down at the lift/elevator when they actually want to go up..? ]

i may be out-dated or just not following the trend thats happening these days in the media. i shall, anyhow, declare it: i have not watched tv drama series for years!

literally 'years' since i moved to kl [ wait, the last series i remember watching was betty la fame - some foreign series ]. anywayz, since i moved out from home and stayed on my own, 'home' has no tv - unless you have your own in your own room. its not like one tv shared by everyone anymore. my parents can testify that i used to glue myself to the tv - to the extend where my grounding was no tv for a week. but now that i'm on my own, i have not watched alot of tv shows.

and with the current tv companies showing all the tv series - english, korean, hong kong - i have missed out even more. aside from the fact that by the time i reach home is around 8++pm [ considered early ], i dont really have much time to watch anything. [ movies in cinema is a different story ] so, when everyone around me is talking about one tree hill, 24, smallville, lost, etc etc.. i'm clueless. when everyone's talking about some character falling in love with another person, some character just killed someone.. i'm blurred. when everyone's talking about the next series thats coming and their prediction.. i'm lost.

its not that i have anything against tv series or that i'm that pathetic to be 'out-of-the-tv-world' but it just came to my realisation that, i have not watched tv series for a very long time. when i'm back to my own home, as usual, i'm glued to the tv. [ eh, need to 'pay back' the months i have not watched tv ] but when i try to watch the famous-talk-about tv series.. i'll switch to axn or travel & living after less than 10 mins.

of cuz shows like [ last time ] 90210, class of 98, ally mcbeal got me 'religiously' folllowing them and always got me day dreaming to think - what would it be like if that were to really happen to me? will a guy talk to me like how it is said in the tv? would i react the same way like in the tv when a guy approaches me? sigh.. it is very dramatic, to think about it.

since i dont have a tv series for me to follow, i guess i'll just follow my life's drama series. [ nope, jelly, no murder or split personality involved.. just coffee ] but think about it, what if my life [ or your's ] one day turn out to be a drama tv series.. how would it be like? what kind of character am i potraying?

oh well.. stay tune for the next episode of 'blurred about life's simple complexity' ;o)

ps.. having said all that, i do wish to get a plasma/lcd tv when i have my own place, of cuz.. hehe

song in head : searching my soul - vonda shepard [ theme from ally mcbeal ]

3 comments:

deJelly said...

Mmm.. Not watching TV,
Don't worry.. you're not the only one!
Really. Surveys show that people are watching less Television. Instead people are spending more time on the internet [what everyone who are reading this is doing].

To stay "in tuned" to what's happening, you'll just need the basic laptop/desktop and an internet connection. From there, you can watch those series DVDs and then blog about it!!! [very in.. haha]

My take on series [i'm not really a big watcher myself],

Ed - for down to earth stories and expressions.. you'll see fat guys kissing nerdy gals.. stuff you'll never see on a normal teen series!

Grey's Anatomy - Cute.. inspiring script that starts and end the episode

OneTreeHill - Drama, drama, drama!


mm.. i think my comments are getting longer than my blob posts.
= P

Anonymous said...

Time is ticking........1.2.3.4

Coming to an end 06 and welcome 07


Wishing you blessed new year Fay Cheng.

Hope to see you. Ya!

:D

blurred esh said...

[jelly] makes no diff.. cuz even if i watch 1 show of it.. i dont quite see the interest in it..

well, i guess i wouldnt know unless i try it..? hahaha..

[marc] hey there..! Happy New Year to you too..! i hope your next has started well..! :o)