blurred about life"s simple complexities

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

i'm caught


i am at starbucks now.. with my freaking notebook.. doing work, reading blogs, replying emails. what happened to just enjoy my coffee, timeOut, read a physical book?!


must be the revelation i had that i could online there.


argh! what happened!?


[ here's the story ]

i'm at this starbucks after work to get my mails cuz i was in the client's place the whole day. and i need to get some stuff settled before the next day. then as usual, got my coffee, on-ed my notebook and started doing my work. everyone around me also got their notebook on - for work, for discussion, for presentation, for surfing.

one adult came to starbucks - with his coffee and donut. looked around for a place to sit. twitched his mouth cuz there werent any clean table. then he found one. in the midst of all the other table that has notebook on it. i was one of them. he looked around. took a bite of his donut. looked around again as though he was lost in the techie world. finished his food, drank his drink. looked around again - thinking, whats happening. sip again, and another sip. looked around really lost in the crowd. then walked away.

got me to think. am i like the rest or am i like him. do i want to be like the rest or like him. enjoy the time without technology.


i used to wonder how can someone enjoy starbucks and notebook. what a contrary. until i started myself. on the notebook. talking to ppl virtually and not physically. doing my own stuff.


what has become of me..!?

i'm losing my mind.. soon


song in head : wake me up when september ends - greenday

8 comments:

chaiyen said...

i like too :)

blurred esh said...

coffeexified..!
timeOut..!

ahh.. divine :o)

deJelly said...

that pic is almost exectly what i view when i go for a StarBucks..

= P

blurred esh said...

know what.. i'm in another starbucks - this time no choice. on holiday but have to do some online work.

and the whole place here, everyone has their notebook on.. and extension cords everywhere.. cables everywhere.. wahh..!!!

madness

Siva said...

Looks like you have become a cyber citizen la ... heh heh.

Anonymous said...

What's better than being in a wonderful starbucks atmosphere, enjoying your mocha and being able to surf the net - look up anything you want to :D hee hee

blurred esh said...

[unc siva] yea, without realizing i've become one. hahaha.. but i still want my coffee in reality.. never a virtual coffee! hahaha

blurred esh said...

[theresa] if only i could do that.. but somehow, work had its bigger priority. its really sad to work in starbucks on a weekend.

of cuz.. i did steal sometime to look at my neice's pictures. *wink*